Paid Industry Placement at Wairakei Resort
Mar 1, 2021
PIHMS student Brianna, started our Bachelor of Applied Hospitality and Tourism Management degree last year after finishing year 13 at Tauhara College.
Brianna is on her first paid Industry Placement (as part of our degree programme, we find all students two paid jobs!). Here's how her experience is going so far...
"My paid Industry Placement is going really well and I’m enjoying every day. I was lucky enough to be placed at Wairakei Resort in my hometown of Taupo. Because of this I am able to spend time with my family and friends while equally using my skills that I was taught at PIHMS while learning new things at my placement which is a family like atmosphere. Christmas was really cool working and summer’s been so nice. My favourite part of working there is the relationships that are created with my fellow co-workers and our lovely customers, accommodating their every need to ensure that they have an enjoyable experience. My placement has grown my passion for hospitality as well as me as a person and I look forward to continuing my studies with our PIHMS family in April".
What are the benefits of the PIHMS paid Industry Placements?
- You get paid! Graduate without your student debt maxed out.
- Live, study and get paid to hang out in the bright lights fast paced lifestyle of major cities, on a sunny tropical island or an intimate luxury boutique resort.
- Travelling and living in a different city or country is an amazing opportunity and is absolutely life changing. Not only is it your first important step to a successful career but the experience will allow you to grow mentally and emotionally.
- You apply the practical skills you have learnt at PIHMS in a ‘real world’ environment meaning you have work experience on your CV from a top reputable organisation. This will allow you to learn from the best.
- The experience you gain on Industry Placement will mean managers will want to hire you above all other students with just a qualification.
- Develop valuable industry contacts which will be key to your successful future