Our career week provides any year 12 or 13 student in New Zealand with the opportunity to experience PIHMS, our culture, lifestyle, education, training to see if this is where your future lies. Explore first-hand the world of hospitality, tourism and hotel management at PIHMS before making the right decision.
Career Week dates:
Career Week is held during the NZ Secondary School Holidays in April, July and October each year.
Due to Covid 19 PIHMS April careers week has been postponed
Upcoming dates for are:
- July Holidays Tuesday 14 July - Friday 17 July 2020
- October Holidays Wednesday 7 October - Friday 9 October 2020
Places are very limited so apply today!
What to expect:
During the four days fully supervised activities, you can expect to:
- be part of the PIHMS hotel campus by staying on site
- interact with current PIHMS students
- find out about the different career paths offered within the business, tourism and hospitality industries
- meet professionals from the tourism, hotel and hospitality industry
- learn about the PIHMS internationally recognised Diplomas, Degree and Postgraduate qualifications with guaranteed hotel job!
- see where our students travel to on their Paid Hotel Internships
- meet the friendly PIHMS team and students through a variety of classroom and social activities
- free time to explore New Plymouth and the surrounding area and all it has to offer
- welcome and farewell luncheon for family and friends upon arrival and departure
Career Week costs only $199.00 per person (including GST) and includes three nights shared accommodation, all meals, beverages and scheduled activities. It does not include travel to and from New Plymouth.
Should a career week attendee enrol and be accepted to study at PIHMS, the career week cost will be deducted off your fees for the 1st semester.
"If you would like to get a real feel of the hospitality industry before actually going into it, career week at PIHMS is a great place to start. The best thing about PIHMS for me was gaining the knowledge which helped me get my job at the Hilton. The lecturers are great and the atmosphere on campus is always exciting and happening. Hospitality is a great industry where you can meet people from around the globe."
Group Reservations Sales Agent
Hilton Hotel, Auckland
(Graduated with International Diplomas in Hotel Management)