Our career week provides any year 12 or 13 student in New Zealand with the opportunity to experience PIHMS, our culture, lifestyle, education, training to see if this is where your future lies. Explore first-hand the world of hospitality, tourism and management at PIHMS before making the right decision.
Talk to current PIHMS students about their experience in Hotels during the PIHMS paid Industry placement programme.
Career Week dates:
Career Week is held during the NZ Secondary School Holidays in April and October each year.
*Please note an extra career week has been added for July 2017 due to high demand. Please apply asap to ensure you get a place*
Upcoming dates are:
- 9 - 12 October 2017
- 17 - 20 April 2018
- 9 - 12 July 2018
- 9 - 12 October 2018
Places are very limited so apply today!
What to expect:
During the week's fully supervised activities, you can expect to:
- Hear from industry professionals
- Be part of the PIHMS campus by staying on site
- Interact with current PIHMS students
- Find out about the different career paths offered within the business, tourism and hospitality industries
- Learn about the PIHMS internationally recognised Diplomas, Degree and Postgraduate qualifications
- Learn all about our paid industry placement programme and the career opportunities for you
- Meet PIHMS staff and students through a variety of classroom and social activities
- Free time to explore New Plymouth and the surrounding area and all it has to offer
- Welcome and farewell luncheon for family and friends upon arrival and departure
Career Week costs only $199.00 per person (including GST) and includes three nights shared accommodation, all meals, beverages and scheduled activities. It does not include travel to and from New Plymouth.
Should a career week attendee enrol and be accepted to study at PIHMS, the career week cost will be deducted off your fees for the 1st semester.
"If you would like to get a real feel of the hospitality industry before actually going into it, career week at PIHMS is a great place to start. The best thing about PIHMS for me was gaining the knowledge which helped me get my job at the Hilton. The lecturers are great and the atmosphere on campus is always exciting and happening. Hospitality is a great industry where you can meet people from around the globe."
Group Reservations Sales Agent
Hilton Hotel, Auckland
(Graduated with International Diplomas in Hotel Management)