Our career week provides any year 12 or 13 student in New Zealand with the opportunity to experience PIHMS, our culture, lifestyle, education, training to see if this is where your future lies. Explore first-hand the world of hospitality, tourism and management at PIHMS before making the right decision.
Talk to current PIHMS students about their experience in Hotels during the PIHMS Paid Hotel Internship programme.
Career Week dates:
Career Week is held during the NZ Secondary School Holidays in April, July and October each year.
Upcoming dates for this year are:
- 15 - 18 April 2019
- 9 - 12 July 2019
- 8 - 11 October 2019
Places are very limited so apply today!
What to expect:
During the four days fully supervised activities, you can expect to:
- Hear from industry professionals
- Be part of the PIHMS campus by staying on site
- Interact with current PIHMS students
- Find out about the different career paths offered within the business, tourism and hospitality industries
- Learn about the PIHMS internationally recognised Diplomas, Degree and Postgraduate qualifications
- Learn all about our Paid Hotel Internship programme and the career opportunities for you
- Meet PIHMS staff and students through a variety of classroom and social activities
- Free time to explore New Plymouth and the surrounding area and all it has to offer
- Welcome and farewell luncheon for family and friends upon arrival and departure
Career Week costs only $199.00 per person (including GST) and includes three nights shared accommodation, all meals, beverages and scheduled activities. It does not include travel to and from New Plymouth.
Should a career week attendee enrol and be accepted to study at PIHMS, the career week cost will be deducted off your fees for the 1st semester.
"If you would like to get a real feel of the hospitality industry before actually going into it, career week at PIHMS is a great place to start. The best thing about PIHMS for me was gaining the knowledge which helped me get my job at the Hilton. The lecturers are great and the atmosphere on campus is always exciting and happening. Hospitality is a great industry where you can meet people from around the globe."
Group Reservations Sales Agent
Hilton Hotel, Auckland
(Graduated with International Diplomas in Hotel Management)