Paid Industry Placement
Paid Industry Placement
What is the PIHMS Industry Placement?
- GUARANTEED offer of employment
- Earn up to $30,000 during your study on a paid industry placement throughout your study (guaranteed job)
- Students are given a job and placed into leading hotels all over New Zealand & Australia (for those students eligible to work in Australia)
- All placements are fulltime (minimum 30hrs), students are paid Industry rates range from $15.25 to $24 per hour
- PIHMS will find a job for you! - All placements are organised by the PIHMS Industry Placement team.
- For international students PIHMS will organise a Variation of Conditions (VOC) to your study visa which will allow students fulltime hours during their Industry Placements
PIHMS industry placement in Hayman Island
This short video features PIHMS students Allie Blackwood and Luke Roozendaal living the life on Hayman Island Australia, as part of their Industry Placement .
"We are pleased to welcome PIHMS students on placements with the hotel. This on-the-job training gives students a great deal of practical knowledge and experience, learnt from our hospitality culture and our guests. After this training, students are in a better position to truly understand the fundamental principles of international hospitality management, in a deluxe boutique hotel environment, like the duxton."
Chau Thi Be, HR Manager, Duxton Hotel - Saigon
"Sudima Hotels & Resorts has forced an ongoing successful partnership with PIHMS recruiting for internships and graduates. As one of the NZ’s Iconic hotel brands, we strive to ensure our colleagues are engaged at all levels of our business with passion and energy. We listen and do the little things that make a difference to our people and our guests. Our Hotels have a number of current and graduate PIHMS students who are in Leadership and Senior Management positions. The caliber of students continue to exhibit a level of dedication, loyalty, hard work and passion - which is what hospitality is all about!"
Maree Judd, Director of Human Resources NZ - Sudima Hotels & Resorts
"At Four seasons, we pride ourselves on our talented, service-driven, standards focused employees. PIHMS understands our organisation and attracts students of a high calibre that we can help train to the highest industry standards. We have had the pleasure of accommodating several students at the hotel for Industry Placement, and look forward to welcoming many more PIHMS students in the future. A recent PIHMS graduate, who spent 12 months here as a Management Trainee, is now working as Assistant Manager in our Front Office department."
Suzy Hori, Assistant Manager Human Resources, Four Seasons Hotel - Sydney
"PIHMS was the perfect start to my hospitality career. Being able to live in a simulated hotel and experiencing all areas of a hotel whilst studying is a huge advantage.
My industry placements provided experience that counted as soon as I graduated and started work. I loved my time spent on campus, both through academic and practical studies, and taking on extra responsibilities as Student President was another learning curve that has proved to be of great value to my career development.
The PIHMS degree is very well recognised in the industry, and anyone who is wanting a career in hospitality should be assured that PIHMS is of such high quality that you will have the best kick start to your career possible."
Brad Davidson, Front Office Supervisor, Millennium Hotel and Resort, Taupo
Follow your dream of a career in hotel/Hospitality management. Acheive this by being part of the PIHMS Industry Placement programme to ensure you secure your future in the Hospitality Industry.
PIHMS Intake Dates 2017
Enrolment Dates 2017
- 7 February 2017
- 24 April 2017
- 17 July 2017
- 2 October 2017
Vacation Dates 2017
- 22 April 2017 – 30 April 2017
- 8 July 2017 – 23 July 2017
- 30 September 2017 – 9 October 2017
- 16 December 2017 – 11 February 2018